- Sign in to Visual Studio Online (youraccount.visualstudio.com) as the account owner.
- On dashboard, select the appropriate team project as highlighted in the screenshot below
- On team project dashboard, click on settings icon located at the top right bar.
- Click on Default collection.
- Navigate to Security tab and click on Users link followed by Member of link as highlighted
- Search for the user by typing in the name to whom the permissions have to be assigned, and click Join group.
- Select following two items from the list shown below and click on save changes.
- Project Collection Administrators
- Project Collection Service Accounts
Please note in case of multiple users, the same steps need to be followed for each one of them.